Recent Images
Site Contributions

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
Kinship NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skuldin

re: Raid! It's good for you... :-)

Hey, just a quickie to talk about my experiences about raiding!

So, been playing for about 4.5 years, almost exclusively solo and out of Kin as I'm a grumpy old so and so.  My wife played for about a year (until Minecraft stole her from me!) and duo'ing was cool but other than that I have ground my way around Middle Earth with all my coms settings set to Do Not Disturb!

Always wondered what raiding was like but was put off by my perception of having to perform, being yelled at if I got everyone wiped and just generally it just being a bit stressful.

Joined KoV a month or so ago with an Alt and immediately got asked to join a raid by Val.  Was nervous but agreed anyway, I'd been playing the hunter for a few weeks so was pretty zoned.  Val was really good and told everyone what they needed to be doing at each point - this was Dar Narbugud! so pretty long. 

It was absolutely brilliant.  The atmosphere was friendly, everyone was trying their hardest but there were no hissy fits and Val held us together. And we won :-) #loot!

I am now a raid convert, even though I've still only done about 10 or so.  I have now even tried one with my main - a warden - who I struggle to play well at the best of times.

I guess the point I'm trying to make, without getting all gushy, is raiding has unlocked a whole new element of the game for me.  If you haven't tried it yet, there is a big even this weekend.  Come along and have some fun!

Mike (Eldorvir, Lowarfin, Baergrim, Breasal)

Thraorin

Agree 100% :)

I just wish Turbine would finally fix the tier 1 difficulty level.

Back at lv 85 it felt like an accomplishment finishing even one of the boss fights in BG, whereas now it is a complete faceroll on tier 1 but un-PUG-ably hard on tier 2.

That mess makes the most interesting raids right now those in Moria, assuming you don't stray too far from the intended level range.

Saerthwyn

re: Re:

I'll confess to you all, I have done one raid ever on LOTRO and hated every minute of it. 

I have gone through the game soloing, simply because of bad experience with others on the game. Getting yelled at for not doing something right, not being in the right place... as a Burg with the Quiet Knife line, being in the right place for me is sometimes not the place others think I should be in. 

I haven't had the opportunity to raid with KoV yet, but I do look forward to it hopefully leaving a better impression on me. Already, you all have far exceeded my past kin, and I look forward to other opportunities with you all. 

Saerthwyn, Lower Level Officer

Valornius

re: kin-raid/instance event today

they kin-raid/instance event went well today. we had endgame/mid/lower lvl content covered and concluded with a merged-group raid.

surely something we'll keep in mind! 

Thraorin

How about a Rift raid kin run? It's only level 50 but a lot of fun and while it's a facefoll to the boss for level 100 characters, the final boss fight can wipe even a level cap group.

The atmosphere in this raid is rather unique, and I think everyone should try it al least once.

Valornius

re: rift

I thinkt a rift would be nice indeed thrao, let's schedule it

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights of Valor Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: